Sunday, January 1, 2012

Memories of 2011

Last year I was reading through my Bible on New Year's day and stumbled across Romans 12:1-21. I decided that was the passage I was suppose to focus on and live by in 2011. I read it constantly. The Lord brought some amazing people into my life that I have been beyond blessed by. I thought 2011 was a great year!! Here are some of my favorite memories:


January: I turned 19 and had my first pazookie and BJ's. Yummo!
February: Started my second semester at Biola..I practically lived in the library..thank you OT class.
March: Took my first REAL hike to Eaton Canyon and now I'm obsessed with hiking!! (and being in nature!)
April: I made a healthy LIFESTYLE choice! Best decision I ever made:)
May: I was hired to work in AS and as a Student Development Events Intern..what a blessing!
June: I started my adventures at camp! My life was forever changed.
July: I got to serve in Inglewood, CA at a day camp with the beautiful Hannah Tasker and Anthony Eder..what an AMAZING and eye-opening experience!
August: I moved in with my wonderful roommate Holly and began my second year at Biola! I also went to Palm Springs with my favorite people from work, Sarah, Melissa, Tyler, and Victoria! Duckies for life!!
September: Stephanie Sharp got ENGAGED!!! SO. Stinkin. Excited. Can't for July 2012!!!
October: I did a Vegas turn-around trip overnight with Sarah, Melissa, Tyler and Matt. We left school at 10pm and got home at 8am..just in time for work!! We were in Vegas less than 2 hours! Such a fun little road trip!
November: I ran my first 5K in 33:03. I'm looking forward to many, many more races!
December: I survived fall semester with 18 units, a 3.6 GPA, 2 jobs, and very little sleep..only by the grace of God. Man it was a crazy few months!


2011 was a great year!! I really enjoyed it, learned a lot, and grew so much! I'm so thankful for God's constant love and overflowing blessings! I'm very much looking forward to 2012:)


So satisfied with 2011 and excited for 2012,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment