Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Interterm

Well as day one of Interterm 2012 comes to a close, I thought I'd share a little recap of today's activities and what I think the next 3 weeks will hold. It started at 6am with a beautiful run as the sun rose. I loved it! Definitely going to make sunrise runs apart of my daily routine! Crazy? Ya I think so!! But totally worth it:) Then I had class 8am-noon. My Spanish 102 class has 10 kids. We all took two years in high school and the last time we took it was at least three years ago. Needless to say we are all a little rusty. Our professor grew up in Argentina as a missionary kid and moved to the States during the later part of his high school years. He attended Biola University and works for a ministry that uses soccer to share the Gospel. He seems cool. We have a quiz in the morning..70 words! And 6 online assignments due tonight. I've been sitting on my couch way too long under my new soft, snuggly blanket trying to figure this all out. I'm slowly but surely piecing it all together. We definitely hit the ground running! There's no turning back now! Holy moly how will I survive? I may need a tutor! We had to do some reading in Spanish today and my tongue was so tired after reading just 4 paragraphs. These next few weeks are going to be a challenge! HOWEVERRRRRR I feel beyond blessed to have the opportunity to be here, taking a class with a dedicated professor, and enjoying life at Biola cooking with friends and soaking up the sun. The campus is fairly empty and I LOVE IT!!! It's not too creepy and there are just the right amount of people here to make you not feel alone but still like you have the campus to yourself:) The weather was beautiful today. I took a nap in the sun:) My favorite! I only have 12 more days of  class. Wow! It will fly by and shouldn't be too bad! Well I must get back to mi tarea para espanol!

Tongue tied, a tad confused and enjoying my new blanket,
Amanda

p.s. online translators are great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment