Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Such a Great Day!

Today was Monday of the fourth week of school. T'was a lovely Monday I must say. Allow me to describe it to you:)
I had three prospective students staying with me last night for Spring Preview Day so I woke up to three beautiful faces on my floor this morning. I absolutely LOVE hosting sleepovers as a job! I then went to chapel where the famous DBC (aka Dr. Barry Corey) spoke. He talked about running the race of life.  He then invited a Biolan athlete from the track team who has won lots of medals in various running events and asked her about how to mentally prepare for a race. He then challenged her to a race to the caf and back(just a reminder..this is all going on DURING chapel!!) It was so cool. DBC has run 2 marathons. He lost to her and it was practically a little jog around the park for her and she wasn't even breathing heavy when she was done and DBC was joking about ending early so that he could breathe! He did such a good job!! His wife and three kids were there this morning as well and I was sitting within five feet of them! I sit in the same spot every morning that I go to chapel and they were sitting pretty close. (I'm sure since DBC and I are BFF's now he told them to sit there so they could sit by me:) So chapel was great!! And the message was wonderful.
After chapel DBC was making a little video to send to a school in Missouri. We went out on the track and were in the shining sun showing off warm Southern California. After we did an opening thing saying hello to Evangel University, 3 other students and I went out by the fountain to "say goodbye" to him as he was bundled up for the snow in Missouri. We were dressed in summer clothes. Although it was 50 degrees it looked warm! hehe I got to give him a high five in the video and we did a few takes so I got about 4 high fives from him! When we were done he said thank you and shook my hand. He acted like he somewhat recognized me from our meeting last semester! And because it was Spring Preview Day there was cardboard cutout of DBC and I took a picture with it. Someday I will have a picture with him for real and it will be my profile picture on facebook! I am going to set a goal every semester for some kind of encounter with him and so far I have successfully completed 2 goals. (PS--DBC shirts went on sale today...guess who's getting one?!?!)
I then went to my room to study for a test I had at 1:30(and I totally rocked it!) and had a lovely conversation with Stephanie Sharp on the phone. Had my Monday lunch date with Hannah Quinn, Ashley Morgan, and Jessica Caird. Then went to my two afternoon classes. After I got out of class I went to the library to get some homework done and was fairly productive!
I had a wonderful dinner date with Kalli Kilmer tonight:)
Lastly I hit the gym and thoroughly enjoyed it.
I really loved my day and everything that happened to me today. I am beyond blessed and so undeserving of the love that has been lavished on me by our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment