Thursday, February 3, 2011

Soaking Up the Son in the Sun

Today the sun was so warm. There was a bit of a chill in the air but when I was walking to class and wasn't walking a building that cast a shadow over my path, I could feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. When I could feel it I just wanted to stop and soak it up, but was on my way to class and didn't have time to stop. Luckily I had some time to sit by the fountain and journal and feel the sun for a good 20 minutes this afternoon. I had my journal with me and opened it and this is what I wrote:

"God, thank you for this beautiful day and the sunshine. The sunshine is a beautiful example of your love for us. It never stops burning, warms our hearts, and brightens our day. As sure as I am that the sun will rise each morning, I know that Your love will never end. God thank you for the gift of the sun and the Son."

No comments:

Post a Comment