Friday, January 25, 2013

ODAAT

One. Day. At. A. Time. This is something that I've been learning a lot this month. When I was taking my Spanish class over interterm, it was easy to get overwhelmed at the thought of tests, quizzes, in class essays, presentations, and homework all in just 13 days of class but I was reminded that I can survive it and need to take it one day at a time. When I am running or think about long runs that I have ahead of me, I have to remember that I need to take training one day at a time. As I've come back for RA training and we've been planning activities for the semester, I can easily get overwhelmed. The thought of always having a list of tasks to complete between now and May 25 is so daunting and makes me not want to start school. Thinking about tests, papers, a TPA, and observations does not sound remotely appealing but I know that with the Lord's help, and by taking things one day at a time, I can and will survive the next four months. With my best friend graduating and leaving Biola in May I've been really sad at the thought of her not being here, but we've decided to take this semester one day at a time and to enjoy and make the most of the last moments we have to be in school together. This idea of taking life one day at time can sometimes be hard for someone who is a planner like me but it has really forced me to entrust my days, my activities, my hopes, my fears, and life to God. God knows what He has in store for the next four months as I finish out my junior year, wrap up RA, look ahead to new opportunities this summer, and grow and share in life with my friends. A song I've been listening to a lot this month is called "Not For a Moment" and the chorus says "After all You are constant, After all You are only good, After all you sovereign. Not for a moment will You forsake me." This is a truth that I have held on to so much this month. No matter what happens in the next four months, or even in the next hour, our great God is constant, and good, and sovereign. This is a truth I am thankful for and holding onto as I enter this new semester.

Taking things one day at a time and trust a God who is constant, good, and sovereign,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment