Wednesday, September 12, 2012

One Month In!

I've been at school for just over a month and I feel like it's been so much longer than that! With RA training, decorating the floor, students moving in, planning events, classes, and TONS of homework already, it has been crazy! But crazy seems to be the word that best describes the college years for me. Always on the go! But oh so blessed by the friendships, late night conversations, classes, chapels, and opportunities that I have had. Classes are super busy already (what happened to that nice little easy transition into school with no tests for the first month?) and there is always something going on! We've had an All-Hall, which is an a whole dorm event, a floor meeting with the girls on my floor, a floor event where we woke up the girls at 6:30am for worship and pancakes, I got a new bike (that I LOVE to ride), Nationball is tomorrow night (the CRAZIEST and sweatiest dorm event of the year), I start observations for my teaching classes next week, and I'm going to Spanish church for a class tonight to list a few! One thing I am so thankful for this semester is to have no classes on Mondays and Wednesdays:) It is nice to have two days a week to schedule meetings, appointments, and observations. I am loving getting to know the girls on my floor and love living with my amazing roommate! I am so lucky to have incredible friends to share in life with. I love going to chapel, my classes are great, and the weather is a little toasty but I can't wait for when it cools down and is absolutely beautiful. It's great to be on campus and in this place I love. I am so thankful that the Lord has provided a way for me to be here again for another year. I'm learning a lot and can't believe I'm a junior! When did that happen? The Lord has been teaching me a lot in the last month. Again I can't believe it's just been a month! I miss my family and can't wait to see them soon! Grandma Sue is coming to visit next week and I am very excited to see her! FALL is also coming soooooon! That I am so excited about:):):) Fall is my favorite season and I love all things pumpkin so I can't wait to smell and taste the season of fall! Well I must get back to writing my paper that is due tomorrow night! Sorry this post is a bit scattered;)

Happy in this place,
Amanda

Just a little bit of what I've been up to:)

Sigma Staff at Community Commissioning :)

Lindsay and Aubrey at our Toga All-Hall

I found a new path to run that is BEAUTIFUL!

Lovin my new bike:):):)

Matt and Sarah got engaged on Labor Day!!!!!!

I love sitting by the fountain to study!

Grace's roommate Jess, Grace, and my roommate Janine got up at 6:20am to wake all the residents up and Jess and Janine made pancakes for everyone! Best roommates ever:)

Last weekend I was REALLY wanting to bake something so I went to Julia's apartment to make gfree peanut butter cookies! 

My roommate Janine and I moved our couch and hosted the first Chip Chat for our floor. Complete with chips and salsa of course:)


No comments:

Post a Comment