Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Gift of Feet

I know a lot of people who are completely grossed out by feet. I don't mind them, but other people's dirty feet can irritate me sometimes. This morning on my run, all I {mostly} thought about for seven miles was what a gift our feet are to us. If I didn't have two feet, I wouldn't get to do so many things I love! I couldn't drive, I couldn't feel the sand between my toes and the ocean, and I couldn't run! As I started to reflect on the last year, I realized I have run over 300 miles, ran two half marathons, am training for another one, and joined a crossfit gym. These are all things I love and am so incredibly blessed by the opportunity to do them. God has revealed so much to me on the journey of running, and now crossfitting, and I am so thankful for each step of the way.
Thinking about feet made me think about shoes and how blessed we are to have shoes to protect our feet when we go places. There are so many people in the world who do not have one pair of shoes and I have so many different kinds! WHAT A BLESSING!!! My favorites are definitely my rainbow flip flops, I don't go ANYWHERE without them! They are the absolute best. I also love my purple crossfit shoes. I love the bright color and love what I get to do when I wear them..except mountain climbers. Mountain climbers are my least favorite..give me burpees over mountain climbers any day! My running shoes that I got for my birthday last year and I have used for all my training and races, have run a lot of miles with me and they are something I will always be thankful for. They've taken me lots of places and experienced lots of things with me. I feel a sentimental attachment to these shoes because by the grace of God I have accomplished things I never in a million years thought I could do.
All this led me to think about how Jesus traveled many miles by foot. He was able to meet people and minister to the sick, poor, and hard to love as he traveled from town to town by foot. I am excited to see where God takes me as I journey through life!

So what I'm really trying to say is, I am extra thankful today that we have feet to run and feel the sand between our toes.

Praise Christ for the simplest blessings :)


No comments:

Post a Comment