Sunday, February 10, 2013

Trust Me

I've been thinking a lot about next year lately. Thinking about where I will work, where I will live, and who I will be living with. This has caused me to stress a little bit about what next year holds because I honestly have no idea. Last weekend when I was driving home from AZ with friends, I had a lot of time to think. (My road trip to Phoenix with my best friends and to see Emily dance was great by the way!) I was worrying a lot about next year. As we drove across the middle of no where and my friends were reading, I was looking at the sky. As time wore on, the sunset across the sky would change and be more beautiful than the picture God painted just minutes earlier. I kept asking God what I was supposed to do next year about work and housing. While I wish He gave a clear cut answer about what He has in store, He whispered two words to me over and over. Trust Me. These are words I know. This is something I try so hard to do but often fail at. When I came back to school there was lots of talk about next year and while I do not have all the answers, I know that God has a plan and in His perfect timing He will reveal that to me.
In addition to thinking about school next year, I have been thinking a lot about this summer. I applied to a new camp for this summer called Mount Hermon in Santa Cruz. A lot of people from school have worked there before and I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it! This week I had an interview with them when they came to visit Biola. I had no idea if I would get hired and with it being a new place I have never been, I have no idea what to expect. But through the whole process, God has been reminding me to trust Him. Trust that He has a plan and if He wants me to work at Mount Hermon, He will place me in the place me wants me to serve. Saturday night I received a call from them offering me a job as a junior high and high school counselor for the summer! I am so excited and incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to serve there this summer!! As far as anything for school next, I haven't quite figured things out. But I'm going to keep trusting the sovereign God who loves us and has a plan.
Learning to trust more and more,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment