Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Civil Duty, Smoothies, and Midterms

It is just about the middle of the semester and things are going, going, going around here! I have lots and lots of reading, a good amount of papers, and studying for midterms to occupy my time. In the middle of last week, I was so fortunate as to have the privilege to drive to Riverside for TWO day for Jury Duty. 'Twas a delightful experience! I tried to explain that I was a student who lives in La Mirada but my sorry story sounded like nothing compared to what the other people had to say. The judge told me to take a seat. Luckily I was never called to the box and questioned. The only great thing was I got to have lunch with Aunt Sharon one day!!! It was frustrating to have to miss two days of school, a test, and all my classes, but my teachers have been so gracious and allowing me to make up all my work and tests.
I have also perfected smoothie blending in my room. This beautiful concoction is made up of strawberries, a banana, spinach, water, protein powder, and one packet of stevia. I absolutely LOVE these smoothies in my room. Holly always asks "Is is smoothie time?" When I pull out my Magic Bullet. Oh how I love my roommate Holly:) I have one more class this week because we have Missions Conference this week and I will be serving at Chrysalis this weekend! So very excited!
Enjoying this beautiful Tuesday,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment